JET-HOT GUARDIAN (S04G / S04R)
Jet-Hot's Guardian coatings are fluoropolymer thermoplastics that provide outstanding barrier protection against corrosion, especially in high heat environments. They are typically applied to the interior portions of diesel engine exhaust components where they protect aluminum castings from acidic gasses.
Typical substrates are steel and aluminum, however, various others can be used. Not intended as a low friction and wear coating although it may confer some of those benefits. Care must be taken in regards to curing temperature and annealing effects on aluminum alloys.
- Surface preparation: Thermal degrease/cleaning, masking, grit blasting.
- Cure: 475 F - 500 F for 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Service temperature: 500 F (260C) continuous, 550F (288C) peak
- Adhesion (ASTM # D3359): 5B
- Pencil hardness: 3003 ,HB-F (scratch), 5-6H (gouge). 3023, B-HB (scratch), 3H (gouge).
- Surface energy: 25 mN/m
- Contact angle (5W-30 oil): 51 degrees
- Contact angle (water): 94 degrees
- Reverse impact resistance (ASTM # D2794): >20<40 inch pounds at 2 mils thick
- Direct impact resistance (ASTM # 2794): >20<40 inch pounds at 2 mils thick
- Mandrel bend (ASTM # B489): < ⅜ inch at 2 mils thick
- Corrosion resistance (ASTM # B117): >1000 hours
- Diesel Intake Manifolds
- EGR Systems
- Air Intake Connectors
- Rocker Levers
- Intake Covers
Increase the reliability of your critical components by choosing Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings