JET-HOT EXHAUST (1300)
For over 35 years, Jet-Hot has earned a reputation among car and motorcycle fans as the go-to company for exhaust and engine coatings. It’s no coincidence that it’s common to hear our name used as a verb: “You need to get those headers Jet-Hotted.” With thermal management and corrosion resistance properties that provide protection from thermal oxidation, galvanic corrosion and the ability to withstand 1250°F surface temperatures, theres no question as to why Jet-Hot remains the industry leader in exhaust coatings.
Jet-Hot exhaust can be applied to most internal and external surfaces improving the life of the part and overall performance.
We also offer a wide range of inter-mixable colors that have been developed which provide expanded options for art work, logos, custom colors and effects.
- Volatile Organic Content: None
- Dry Film Thickness: 1.5 - 4.0 mils (0.0015” - 0.004”)
- Service Temperature: -350°F - 1250°F (-212°C - 677°C)
- Corrosion Resistance: >1000 hrs
- Thermal Shock (ASTM C1525): (5 cycles 1100°F to 70°F) No change in adhesion, color or gloss
- Thermal Conductivity (ASTM C177): 0.2 - 1.8 W/m*K
- Thermal Cycling: (5 cycles 1000°F) No change in adhesion, color or gloss
- Adhesion (ASTM D3359): Tape Pull Test: 4-5B
- Impact Resistance (ASTM D2794): Reverse: ≥ 70 in*lb
- Gloss: 60°: 1-30 (Depending upon coating type)
- Bend Test (ASTM B489): 180° using a 1/8” mandrel
- Applicable Substrates: Ceramic, stainless steel, cold rolled steel, low carbon steel, titanium, Inconel®, high nickel alloys, aluminum.
- Exhaust systems
- Catalytic converters
- Piston heads
- Side pipes
- Heat shields
Increase the reliability of your critical components by choosing Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings